The 1st issue of the Icelandic webzine Tregawott.net is up (up until now, the webzine has been post-based, and not issue-based).
In this first issue there are a few things that might interest non-icelandic speakers.
1. a. rawlings, Marko Niemi, Jon Hoyer, Anonyme Breve, Hugh Thomas, derek beaulieu and Gary Barwin attempt to write in Icelandic:
2. The Plumber of Love - video by Haukur Már Helgason and Bryndís Björgvinsdóttir.
3. For Susanna - love poem in 3 languages by Haukur Már Helgason.
4. Infe Rtyl Thin King (and two Icelandic poems) by Kári Tulinius
5. Iceland Report on the Observance of Standards and Codes by Eiríkur Örn Norðdahl
6. Det hudfarvede ode by Kristín Eiríksdóttir, in Nina Sos Vinthers danish translation (excerpt)
7. Araedi - book remake by Icelandic artists.
Plus - tons of material for those lucky enough to speak Icelandic, including an essay by Charles Bernstein, a Flarf-section and an interview with Steinar Bragi.
tisdag, september 30, 2008
From Eiríkur Örn Norðdahl: